TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF COMMISSIONING AND USAGE OF VIDEO AND PHOTOGRAPHY – ADRIAN FRANKLIN PHOTOGRAPHY
1. Definitions & General Terms
In these Terms and Conditions the words ‘ADRIAN FRANKLIN PHOTOGRAPHY’ ‘Adrian Franklin Photography ‘we’ ‘us’ ‘our’ and ‘ours’ refer to Franklin and Franklin Limited, a UK registered limited liability company. The words ‘client’ and ‘customer’ refer to the party who commissioned and/or funded the work and any person or organisation acting on their behalf.
These Terms and Conditions apply to all video and associated audio product created by ‘Adrian Franklin Photography’, including all moving and still images and sound recordings of whatever form.
2. Pre-production requirements
It is the Clients responsibility to obtain all necessary permissions including but not limited to performances, branding, trademarked goods and logos, use of intellectual property, imagery, sound recordings and any other copyrighted material which will form part of the final video production.
No liability will be accepted by ‘Adrian Franklin Photography’ for and delays or failure to deliver the agreed product if caused by any element which is the Clients responsibility.
Where copyright material is provided by the client for incorporation into a ‘Adrian Franklin Photography’ product, permission must be obtained from the original copyright owner / material provider.
The client undertakes to indemnify ‘Adrian Franklin Photography’ against any future possible claims, disputes, expenses or costs arising from the use of such material, without time limit.
A full production brief must be signed off by the Client before production work begins.
3. Production and post-production
All works undertaken will be as per ‘Adrian Franklin Photography’ written quotation based upon the agreed production brief. It is the Client’s responsibility to ensure that this is thoroughly read and understood prior to booking. Any amendments or additional days filming will be charged at our current daily rates.
Clear access for video and sound capture shall be arranged and managed by the Client. If filming venues are being organised by the Client, it is the Clients responsibility to ensure that our production crew and supporting personnel have clear access to all relevant locations required throughout the day. Delays in production as a result of inadequate access or facilities may incur additional charges.
‘Adrian Franklin Photography’ takes Health & Safety matters seriously and we reserve the right in all instances to remove any of our personnel and / or equipment from a location if we deem it to be unsafe or if our crew are subjected to abusive or aggressive behaviour. In such circumstances the Client will be fully liable for any costs incurred or subsequently arising as a result. ‘Adrian Franklin Photography’ will observe the site safety rules at all times and will liaise with the appropriate Responsible Person(s) named in the production brief.
‘Adrian Franklin Photography’ carries public liability insurance cover of five million pounds. A copy of our insurance certificate can be provided on receipt of a request to our offices. Extended or upgraded specific project insurance cover can be provided if required upon request, provided this is agreed at the time of booking and included in the production brief.
5. Adverse weather conditions
In the event of inclement weather which in our opinion would pose a risk to health & safety of our personnel or equipment or has the potential to prevent successful video or audio capture, we reserve the right to change the date or time of filming to a more suitable date or time.
6. ‘Client delays’
In the event of filming being delayed or aborted due to the Client’s failure to adhere to the agreed dates, times, access, facilities, organisation or any other matter specified in the production brief, we reserve the right to re-schedule the affected days of filming and to charge for any additional costs which arise. No refund or credit will be given in respect of costs associated with the delayed or aborted original filming day(s).
7. Changes to the filming schedule
In the event of the Client wishing to change or cancel the filming date we require a minimum of 1 weeks’ notice. Failure to comply will result in the Client becoming 50% liable; less that 48 hours is 100% liable for all costs associated with the originally scheduled dates.
8. Equipment substitution
In the event that ‘Adrian Franklin Photography’ experiences equipment failure or technical difficulties, all efforts will be made to find suitable replacement equipment and/or personnel so as not to delay filming or adversely impact upon the project quality or delivery. The equipment used on the day of filming will be at the discretion of the senior member of the film crew, and no further claims or liability will be accepted.
9. Approval / amendments of draft footage
Under normal circumstances one ‘first cut’ edit will be available for the Client for review and comment. One set of revisions will be incorporated within the agreed project cost provided that any revisions or amendments fall within the original agreed brief. Our video editing and production facility is available for client viewing and review, and all clients are encouraged to attend personally during editing so that all revisions can be signed off without delay. Subsequent revisions or significant re-edits will be charged at a rate of £45 + VAT per hour.
10. Project duration and delivery
Any indication given by ‘Adrian Franklin Photography’ of a design project’s duration is to be considered by the customer to be an estimation. ‘Adrian Franklin Photography’ will do everything possible to meet specific deadlines, providing there is clear communication, prompt payment and regular feedback from the client. In all cases our liability will be limited to the agreed total cost of the project, less any costs incurred by us for any work already done on the project provided such work is within the agreed production brief. ‘Adrian Franklin Photography’ will not under any circumstances be responsible for any loss, damage or costs arising from the late, erroneous, or non-delivery of the product.
‘Adrian Franklin Photography’ asserts its full rights as copyright owner of all material that has been captured, processed and/or produced by us, whether or not such material forms part of a finished project. The copyright of all produced material is solely owned by ‘Adrian Franklin Photography’ and is protected under UK law.
12. Usage licence – rights to the use of project content
Where the Client provides material to us for inclusion in any project, including but not limited to logos, images, trademarks, footage and audio, the relevant permission must be obtained in advance from the original copyright holder. By accepting these terms and conditions, the Client hereby indemnifies ‘Adrian Franklin Photography’ against any possible claims, disputes, expenses or similar that may arise from breaching any copyright laws or pre-existing terms and conditions attributed to the material.
We retain all rights to the usage of footage captured during the production of any client-commissioned project. As part of our video production service, we will grant a time-unlimited licence for use of that footage to the Client subject always to the following express condition:
‘Adrian Franklin Photography’ retains all copyright over any content we produce. A usage licence grants the Client permission to use the content in the state in which we provide it to the Client. Permission is not granted to re-edit, copy or alter the content in any way.
We reserve the rights to use any footage and related files from any client-commissioned project in our showreels and for other promotional purposes.
‘Adrian Franklin Photography’ assigns to the Client a licence to use the video production in its complete delivered form only. We do not give permission for any material to be altered, edited or used as part of another production, unless this is expressly agreed in writing.
Provided that all monies due to us from the Client have been received as cleared funds in our bank account, and provided that the Client is not in breach of anything contained in these Terms and Conditions the Client is granted a perpetual usage licence relating to the video material in its delivered form.
We retain the right to use any of our copyright material for any legal purpose, including its use within projects for other clients unless (a) we have granted an exclusive licence to any Client or (b) the material contains trademarks or specific intellectual or imagery copyrighted by the Client.
Our payment terms are strictly 30 days from date of invoice and in the event of an order being confirmed the Client accepts these terms.
We reserve the right to charge further interest and late payment fees on all overdue invoices as set out under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act, 1998. E & OE.
We will exercise our statutory right to claim interest and compensation for debt recovery costs under the late payment legislation if we are not paid according to agreed credit terms.
The Client shall be responsible for all collection or legal fees necessitated by late or
default in payment. ‘Adrian Franklin Photography’ reserves the right to withhold delivery and any granting or continuation of usage licence of any current work if accounts are not current or overdue invoices are not paid in full. All grants of any license to use our copyright material under this a Agreement are conditional upon receipt of payment in full which shall be inclusive of any and all outstanding additional costs, taxes, expenses, and fees, charges or the costs of administration of changes.
All Terms and Conditions stated within this document are deemed acceptable to the Client upon receipt of a confirmed order or instruction to proceed given by any means. This document shall be taken as an agreement between the Client and ‘Adrian Franklin Photography’ under UK law.
Franklin & Franklin Ltd ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Franklin & Franklin Ltd of Unit 9, Penshurst Enterprise Centre, Rogues Hill, Penshurst, Kent TN11 8BG.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site http://franklinphoto.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, [search for a product], [place an order on our site], [participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site], [enter a competition, promotion or survey], [OTHER ACTIVITIES COMMONLY CARRIED OUT ON THE SITE] and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, [OTHER INFORMATION].
• Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
• technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
• Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. [In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site.] We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
• 3rd Party sites that we use: Quickbooks and Smugmug which facilitaites digital communications.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• Information you give to us. We will use this information:
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
• to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
• to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the [order form OR registration form]);
• to notify you about changes to our service;
• to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
• to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
• Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
• Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with [them or] you.
• Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. [We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience].
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
• [Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.]
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Franklin & Franklin Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
[All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology].] Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us http://franklinphoto.co.uk Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
• Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
• Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
• Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
• Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 1 month.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS
• Our Acceptable Use Policy [INSERT AS LINK TO ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY], which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
If you purchase goods from our site, our Terms and conditions of supply [INSERT AS LINK TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SUPPLY] will apply to the sales.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
http://franklinphoto.co.uk is a site operated by Franklin & Franklin Ltd ("We"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 4868600 and have our registered office at Unit 9 Penshurst Enterprise Centre, Penshurst, Kent TN11 8BG. Our main trading address is Unit 9 Penshurst Enterprise Centre, Penshurst, Kent TN11 8BG. Our VAT number is GB 820727934.
We are regulated by Franklin & Franklin Ltd
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
CHANGES TO OUR SITE
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
ACCESSING OUR SITE
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
[Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate or available in other locations. We may limit the availability of our site or any service or product described on our site to any person or geographic area at any time. If you choose to access our site from outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk.]
YOUR ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
NO RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
• use of, or inability to use, our site; or
• use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
• loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
• business interruption;
• loss of anticipated savings;
• loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
• any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any goods by use to you, which will be set out in our Terms and conditions of supply [INSERT AS LINK TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SUPPLY].
UPLOADING CONTENT TO OUR SITE
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. [If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.]
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us [and other users of the Site] a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described in the next paragraph (Rights you licence).
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
RIGHTS YOU LICENCE
When you upload or post content to our site, you grant the following licenses:
• A worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that content in connection with the services provided by our site and across different media and to promote the site or services; and
• A worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to allow third parties to use the content for their purposes.
We will only ever use your materials to carry out your instructions to us – unless, very exceptionally, a court or other regulator orders us to disclose them.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact in firstname.lastname@example.org
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES IN OUR SITE
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
To contact us, please email email@example.com
Thank you for visiting our site.